It’s been awhile since I’ve posted. I’m still trying to recover from the last two weeks of school and the ramifications (i.e.: stress) of teaching a 1/2 combo class next year. I’ve been spending time planning for next year, which is not what I’d intended to do during the summer. I’m hoping that the time I put in now will make the beginning of the year smoother. I’ve been able to figure out quite a bit, but I feel I still have so far to go!
I have been doing some quilting and knitting and I intend to start posting more. For now, two blocks for the Wonky Quilt Bee for June. I finished the blocks today, a day late. They’re wonky chevron blocks using this tutorial.
The blocks were a bit frustrating to put together. The middle panel was easy, but getting the side panels to be the right size was challenging. I ended up redoing them three different times and by the fourth, decided to sew on another strip rather than redo it.
The sewing was a lot of back and forth cutting, ironing, sewing, etc. I don’t mind some of that, but this was on the verge of being to much. I felt like it wasted a lot of fabric, especially since I had to redo the side panels so often.
Admittedly, it’s probably the perfect block to use in a quilting bee. At the month’s end, you have enough blocks to make a whole quilt without having to make them all yourself.
I can’t wait to see how the whole quilt turns out!